RMV on Facebook RMV on Twitter RMV on Pinterest RMV on Tumblr RMV on Instagram

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Velvet Painting.

Red Mera Vintage
Red Mera Vintage
Red Mera Vintage
Red Mera Vintage
Red Mera Vintage
Vintage dress, skirt, belt, purse and jewelry. Asos heels
I bought this weird velvet kaftan dress thing from an old lady at a garage sale and it immediately  caught my eye because of it's incredible colour but I thought the glittery floral painting was quite tacky. The nice old lady informed me she had bought it in India and that it was hand painted and that created some new found appreciation for it. She had also told me it came as a two piece Kameez (Indian attire) but she had misplaced the pants, thank goodness! Imagine wearing matching velvet pants with this. Velvet overload and just really gross!

It had been sitting in my wardrobe for a while because I never really decided if i loved it or hated it but I knew I wanted it. And now that i have worn it, i love it and am thinking of taking of the sleeves and rocking it with some high waisted hot pants.


FollowFacebookTwitterBloglovin


x

3 comments:

  1. This outfit is so utterly interesting. The quirky outfits are always the most inspiring!

    -em
    Spin Dizzy Fall

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing. how cool is your hair!!! :)

    http://behindmymuse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your comment! I really like your dress! you look great!

    crystal

    ReplyDelete